Hair loss is a common problem in men and women everywhere on earth. In India, however, hair loss is more prevalent in men. Severe hair loss can lead to baldness, a beauty flaw that most men dislike. Shedding of hair in humans is okay. But when you lose more than one hundred strands a day, you could get bald very fast. Unfortunately, countless Indian men are losing this much hair in a day. The question is: can they avoid this problem? Are there Indian herbs for hair growth? Scalp baldness is a disturbing problem for men. Luckily, ayurvedic herbs are assisting Indian guys who are facing male pattern baldness and poor hair growth.
Different types of Ayurvedic Herbs for Hair Loss and Regrowth
Herbs provide hope for men who suffer from hair loss and male pattern baldness. They are usually in the form of oils and powders. Besides stopping hair shedding, these oils and powders can enhance hair growth and re-growth. They are natural moisturizers that can treat dry and fragile hair strands. After treatment, the strands will resist breakage. The best Indian herbs for hair growth and re-growth include:
Shatavari is an adaptogenic herb in the asparagus family of plants. In Ayurvedic medicine, Shatavari has several health benefits. One of the most notable ones is its ability to trigger hair growth. Shatavari powder offers these advantages for hair health.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that protect the scalp from irritation.
- The adaptogenic trait in Shatavari can help your system cope well with stress, which causes hair loss.
- It can strengthen hair strands from the roots to the tips.
- Also, Shatavari can improve hair color and sheen.
To use Shatavari, combine a cup of milk with one tablespoon of the powder. Alternatively, blend a half teaspoonful of Shatavari in a cup of warm water and drink. When you drink, you will draw all health benefits from it.
Another of the top Indian herbs for hair growth is Guduchi or Giloy. Rich in healing powers and properties, Giloy is a perfect hair loss cure. It can offer you these advantages for hair re-growth:
- The antioxidants in Guduchi can heal many hair issues and enhance re-growth
- It can remove or prevent dandruff with its pungent flavor.
- As it has anti-inflammatory benefits, it can stop inflammation and the issues it causes.
To use, add honey to a paste of crushed Giloy leaves. Alternatively, add rose water and apply the blend to the scalp for about three hours. Wash your hair using a natural shampoo.
A prevalent Ayurveda medicine, Kalmegh can assist you to deal with excessive hair loss. Its main health properties are that Kalmegh can remove toxins and fevers from the human body. Moreover, it has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and immune-stimulatory benefits. It can:
- Maintain scalp cleanliness to ensure that follicles are open. It can prevent microbial activities that cause dandruff and itching.
- Kalmegh can give hair follicles access to nutrients.
Regarding usage, mix one to two teaspoons of Kalmegh juice in a glass of pure water. Drink it before eating food. If this gets hectic for you, try swallowing one to two capsules with water twice a day.
Bhringraj can be a powder or an oil product. It is among the top Indian herbs for hair growth and re-growth. The oil is an extraction from a plant within the sunflower family. It can be beneficial in these ways:
- Bhringraj oil can treat greying hair and heal dry, flaky scalps. It can also delay or stop the formation of male pattern baldness.
- Bhringraj powder is ideal for hair growth and re-growth by improving the circulation of blood and nutrients. Hence, it can promote the growth of hair that can resist breakage.
- As for bald areas, Bhringraj can activate dormant hair follicles to produce new strands.
To use it well, mix one tablespoon of Bhringraj powder with some olive oil or coconut oil. Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair. Leave it for two to three hours and clean with a sulfate-free shampoo. Repeat the process two times a week to get all its merits.
Brahmi is among the top Indian herbs for hair growth. It is an extraction from Bacopa Monnieri plant leaves. It is also available as a powder and oil. Brahmi can do the following:
- The leaves can strengthen, nourish, and promote the health of your scalp. These leaves contain alkaloids that allow Brahmi to bind to protein molecules in the hair shaft. Hence, Brahmi can strengthen and thicken hair.
- If you have thinning hair, choose this oil because it can cure your follicles to start generating thicker hair.
- Brahmi powder can strengthen blood vessels to promote the circulation of nutrients and oxygen in the scalp. It can arouse hair growth and re-growth and stop your hair from falling.
It is easy to use Brahmi. Apply the oil directly to the balding areas of your scalp.
Amla fruit has a lot of vitamin C and many health benefits. It is a recognized fruit in Ayurveda. As one of the most reliable Indian herbs for hair growth, Amla has high antioxidant content. It is ideal for maintaining healthy and clean scalps. It transmits nutrients to the hair follicles once you massage the oil to the scalp. Amla powder can restore greying hair and make it dense. To use, massage the oil into the scalp.
Fenugreek or Methi is an Indian spice. However, it is an ancient solution to hair issues and other health problems. Methi has a high concentration of folic acid and vitamins C, K, and A. It stops hair fall and dandruff formation through its nicotine acid and protein content. It is easy to use Methi for hair regrowth. Apply fenugreek oil to the scalp and strands. Alternatively, create a mask with Methi powder and curd.
Indian men facing male pattern baldness can use Indian herbs for hair growth. Other than the ones we have described above, there are others. Briefly, these include Jatamansi, Panikoorka, Musambaram, and Manjistha. These Ayurvedic herbs can restore hair growth and volume. Make sure you follow instructions well to reap the benefits from each cure.